Google+

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Dark Eldar Fleshsperiments

 

 DSC_9538

I am fortunate in the subject I teach that colleagues are often like-minded. one such is a fellow wargamer and blogger, and he asked me how I would go about painting dark eldar flesh in order to achieve a particular result. these are my initial experiments.

DSC_9537

The inspiration – a character from Destiny I believe. I started with two heads, primed white and mounted on cocktail sticks.

DSC_9539

A wash with asurment blue, diluted.

 DSC_9543

Then a glaze with warlock purple

 DSC_9544

a mix of warlock purple, just a tip, and white for highlighting, finished with shadows in baal red, black eyes and collar and a bone/blood head adornment et voila.

DSC_9545

a little too warm on the purple, so for the second, we aim to stay more blue.

 DSC_9546

Primed white base again (airbrush primed with vallejo white primer)

DSC_9547

Heavier blue wash

DSC_9548

Lighter pruple glaze

DSC_9610

work the highlights with white and a tip of purple, black out the eyes and the collar..

DSC_9611

And here they are together. I may need to use the third head I have to stay even more blue. but we shall see.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...