Google+

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Objectives revisited.

A large part of preparing video tutorials seems to be waiting for renders and uploads.
I’ve got some stuff ready to roll out in the next few days, but for now I wanted to share something quick and easy with you.
If you’ve been reading a while you’ll remember my IG themed objective markers, well these were painted back when I was being more conventional about my IG paint, so I went back and gave them a bit of desert camo and dust/plant life to match my current IG desert/savannah scheme.
Here they are again, re-vamped and foliaged :)
The Fuel Dump.
DSC_5673
 DSC_5656 DSC_5657 DSC_5658
The Listening Post
DSC_5675
DSC_5659 DSC_5660 DSC_5661
The Ammo Dump
DSC_5676
DSC_5662 DSC_5663
The Aid Station
 DSC_5674
DSC_5665 DSC_5666
And yes, that probably would seem like a bit of a “padding” post and not really worthy of bringing to your attention, were it not for one thing -
I also took the opportunity to create a 5th objective marker.
The Pilot
DSC_5672
DSC_5668 DSC_5669 DSC_5670     
I’m fairly happy with the way he turned out.
It’s really the first time I’ve done OSL in about 10 years. :P
The model itself is composed of the legs and body from the IG vehicle upgrade sprue, with a GSed life preserver, arms from my IG bitz box, and auspex and a spare head from a Valkyrie sprue. various bitz on the base include a bedroll, las carbine, and a respirator.
I had always intended the Teleport homer to be an objective marker, but didn't have anything else good to go on the base, until I built my Valk and had a spare head or two…
Comments are always welcome, and tutorials are on their way.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, these are fantastic! Great inspiration to those of us yet to make any markers! Can't wait for the tuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karitas, these are absolutely great. I really like the Listening Post and Aid Station in particular. If you can cover the method of camo netting in the tutorial, I would be really interested. Fantastic stuff again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys, thanks for the comments, I'm Glad you like them.

    I haven't actually made a tutorial for these, I was referring to the tutorials mentioned in the previous post, which are nearly ready to go, youtube willing.

    But you know what, I really enjoy making these, so If you, or someone else out there can come up with a good idea or two for a couple of new ones I'll record the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a sniper nest?????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...