Google+

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Blood Angel Scouts – Test Paint Part 2

Back to metallic they go!

Excuse the random mid-week post, but these guys spilled over form the weekend and have only just been photographed.

Back on topic – these guys are back in metallic, with an attempt at (/sigh – odd prhase) “True Metallic Metals” trust me, that is what those in the paint forums call “painting metallics without being lazy and shading it properly”

DSC_9094

DSC_9095 DSC_9096 DSC_9097 

It’s harder than it seems actually, because while black for instance blends in well to make a dark, shadowed tone, and while washes work well to further dirty down; the bright points don't react well to white, so the brightest silver you currently have on your shelf is the high point of your highlights. clearly I need new paints :)

(damn that stray blob on his hair, only just saw that.. grrr.. *gets yellow paint out*)

DSC_9099 DSC_9100 DSC_9101 DSC_9104 DSC_9103  DSC_9105

Okay so kindof overkill on the pics, but hopefully the point is made, I’m going with this for all these guys then, and hopefully I’ll learn some new things along the way.

Oh, Sarge here has also had that problematic mold line removed, and I'll get to blending in the red next time i have the colours mixed to the shadows.

Feedback welcome!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work on the scouts. I hate when I find a blob when I'm just about finished a mini. I blame my fingers.

    I especially like the sarg. His powerfist is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the worst bit is I often see mistakes on the pictures that I hadn't seen in my hand. Grrr.

      Delete
  2. Lovely. When painting TMM and NMM the same priciples apply. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zab :)
      My issue was that I didnt feel like I had enough colours to get the tonal range I wanted/would use in NMM painting.

      Further, I have like, two steelish colours, a brass a gold etc, which dont tone well together to make even a triad.

      I've ordered a few new paints and I should be able to improve on the above.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...