Google+

Monday 12 January 2015

Blood Angels Scouts

Witness here my secret shame -

DSC_9007

Painted about 20 years ago, and treated poorly since. these might get stripped and repainited if i can resolve the following issue…..

See these are the second gen of scouts that were made. and the current gen plastic kit looks like this…

DSC_9008

I mean, I need this customisability for the characters – my sgt is overpriced for a scout having both a grav pistol and a powerfist.. but they are a little chunkier that the more characterful metal counterparts.

DSC_9009

The question is, is the disparity too great to have these guys in the same unit once stripped and repainted?

DSC_9012

I vacillate between thinking it’s fine, and thinking they are too small…

10 comments:

  1. Your plastics seem to sit on top of their basing material giving some height, but that can be done with careful pinning of the metal ones too. As for bulk, it won't be that noticeable once they are in a group on the table all painted to the same standard. Do it man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah nice spot Zab, I was going to rebase as some of them are damaged, and Pinning is all I do these days, that "sunk into the gravel" look is sooo ten years ago :)

      Delete
  2. Concur, once painted together, they'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noted, I expect they will get some paint :)

      Delete
  3. The size difference is fine. To me the old models look like fresh young neophyte/initiate still in the earliest stages of undergoing the transformation into Astartes. That, or they are just a little younger than the others. If you consider the size difference in people in the normal population this difference really is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, to me it was less the height and some of the bulk that bothered me, but then, same rule applies..

      Delete
  4. Completely fine...as Zab stated, you can always be creative with some cork rocks, or slate to give them some added height. I actually like the older models slightly more then the newer ones...they just seem to have more character from the sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what has me wanting to use them, the heads on the plastic scout kit, they really suck.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...