Google+

Saturday 8 August 2009

Wow, 50 people? really?

I noticed I've hit 50 followers, and I had to say something about it.

I'm shocked, I honestly never expected a response like that. I started blogging here because I was getting tired of the lack of coomunity on some of the larger hobby websites. I'm not an attntion whore, but in all honesty I post this stuff to hear the opinions of fellow hobbists, so when a post goes unanswerd after a week and 200+ views I move on from that place.

I'm very glad I found this, the people here are great. yes. you.

I get an excellent mix of ideas, positive comments and well phrased criticism and suggestions for improvements. the tutorials posted by fellow hobby bloggers are helping me to improve and I'm seeing more great stuff among these sites than a whole days worth of trolling google.

So thankyou, all 50 of you, and those of you who read but don't follow too.

last thing, an apology for the spareseness of posts the last couple of weeks, It's holiday time and I've been quite busy, I'm also trying desperately to change pace and take my time over individual models in an attempt to improve my painting, I should have someone for you by the end of the week, though knowing my luck he won't look any different than the guys I do in a day arf.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on hitting 50 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, congrats, before you know it, it will be 100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I totally get where you are comming from; it's nice to know that people are reading what you are posting.

    Congrats dude!

    Big Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I'm 51, well done, I think I'm on 27? maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the 50 followers. That's the lofty heights I'm aspiring to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Congrats and all that, and remember to keep the masses entertained! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.

    I don't and wouldnt play a "numbers game" with followers, but such a landmark startled me and I'm genuinely really flattered that so many people are interested in my toy soldiers :)

    Of course as Ryan points out, I now feel tremendous pressure to furnish regular posts :)

    to wit, I might post a PIP, which would be a first for me, seeing as I usually finish them much quicker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...