Google+

Thursday 4 February 2010

The times they are a-changing.

I’ve taken a step into a wider universe
I’ve bought a camera that takes… Video *gasp*
Now I don't have any illusions about my abilities and I know there are better painters by far out there doing tutorials and such (you know who you are Les) But If I can help with what I can do, then I want to.
This first video however is really just a test and a list of paint and a bit of a nod to my airbrush set up.
I’ll be endeavouring at the weekend to paint up three Kroot quite quickly with the airbrush and washes and show you how I have done it.
I’d also be grateful to hear from you, yes you, anything you have to say about the technical execution, angle, usefulness etc either as a viewer, fellow video blogger or whatever.
I’m happy to admit the first few vids will be quite rough while I learn the setup, lighting, position and to remember to keep things in frame etc. I’m also embarrassed to admit that all I have for edit at the moment is windows movie maker, which is rubbish, but hopefully I can do something about that.
in addition to the above comments, I’m also open to requests, If you want to see it on video, and I know how to do it, I’ll lay it down for you :)
Oh and brownie points for anyone who gets the caption at the beginning of the video.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for being brave enough to do video! I'm still in the dark ages of still pictures myself. Perhaps I'll be inspired and try some vid myself one day.

    My only critique is the sound was very low. I had to turn my external speakers up on my pc just about to their maximum to hear you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geek, I'd say thats a air comment, i was using my "inside voice" due to a bit of a cold and a lot of self-consciousness :)

    I'll do my best to fix that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...