Google+

Friday 16 April 2010

Speed test

Lets open with a group shot.
DSC_5458
That’s the current state of the mob.
After a couple of comments in the previous post, I’m getting to a place where I’m very happy with my Orks’ appearance, But I was concerned about speed. clt40k asking how long it would take to paint 100..
Well I wont be painting quite that many, as I’m starting with a 4-600ish contingent to use as a combat patrol and to add to my existing tribe of Blood Axez to make a proppa Orky army.
So, the speed test. I started the day with nothing built, Took two AoBR boyz (they’ve all been AoBR boyz plus bitz) converted them to shoota boyz, including two total shoulder rebuilds with GS, then I set to building a Nob from the new kit. Wicked kit. primed them, and set to painting.
With this first boy I went vanilla, sometime can be difficult to get the normal kit arms to fit an AoBR boy, so I had to build him a new shoulder. this guy didn't get the best paint, but he’s okay.
DSC_5449
DSC_5450 DSC_5452 DSC_5451
I decided to try something a little more dynamic with the next one, and looking in the bitz box saw I had a few spare Shoota Magazines.
Hey, Even Orks have to reload sometimes.
This Guys paint pleases me more, and I think I found my rhythm here.
DSC_5446
DSC_5447 DSC_5448
Lastly I tackled the Nob. I know he shouldnt have the Skortcha in a boys mob, but he’ll by Wysywyg enough with the Shoota and it allows me to use him in a Nob mob If I choose. besides, I think it’s silly he cant have a kombi-skortcha :)
DSC_5453
DSC_5454 DSC_5455 DSC_5456 DSC_5457
There you have it, Three Orks from sprue to finished, in a day. well not an entire day I’ve watched a movie and some TV around meals etc, and I didn't exactly get up early.
I’m fairly confident I can manage a group of 5 from sprue to done in a day with ease.
would they be better if I took longer? probably, but not by much, I’m quite pleased with these guys and count them among some of my best work so far.
But that’s my own, very subjective opinion :)
The rest of the force arrived today so I have the delight of building many new toys. I’ll have to ration myself, so that the mountain of unpainted plastic Doesn't pile too high.
and I have to tackle a build for a Mek on bike/Wazdakka counts as.
Thanks for reading I’m always glad to hear from anyone out there in blogland, so don’t be afraid to comment :)

5 comments:

  1. These look really good. I've recently started painting some Orcs for a blood bowl team, and I have to say they are so much more fun and interesting to paint that CSMs.

    I like the way the yellow armour is painted. Nice effect.

    -GSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some sharp painting and some of the best orks Ive seen, but then Ive got a soft spot for the old Bad Moons (Ever since I saw the old RT orc in a space suit). Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and might be an idea to turn word verfication off on your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! I'm a big fan of the Bad Moons, and plan on including a Shoota boyz bigmob in the upcoming army, and I definitely need to add more checks and dags similar to what you've done, that really adds a lot to the miniatures. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, your comments are much aooreciated.

    I'm hoping to finish this trukkfull over the coming weekend, It'd be nice to have the trukk done too but that might be a bit much :)

    Flip - I did originally have word verification off, but only for about a fortnight as I got tired of removing chineese characters that linked to Pr0n :)

    Maybe I'll try again, If enough people find it a hassle to bypass.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...