Google+

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Becoming a Treadhead.

I think this is the first time, well ever, that I’ve had this many vehicles painted for a single army. They intimidate me you see. so big, so much flat plastic….
DSC_5687 DSC_5686
This is the total of my treaded vehicles for my Vet Guard force. two of the Chimeras and the Executioner are new.
I can’t actually fit them all in my lightbox neatly.
For reference here are individual pics:
The Command Chimera:
 DSC_5680
DSC_5681 DSC_5682
Plasma Vet Chimera:
DSC_5683
DSC_5685  DSC_5684
The Executioner:
DSC_5677
DSC_5679  DSC_5678
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not finished. not anywhere close, I have 2x valkyries to paint and probably another leman russ in my future, plus something I never thought I’d build. but that’s another post.
Speaking of other posts, theres a tut. on the way from these three, but some of the video is garbage, I’ll see what I can salvage, but my poor old pc keeps dropping frames on HD video recording.
Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. One of us, One of us, One of us - lol

    Looking good matey, welcome to the club. Once you start, you won't be able to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Almost makes me want to finish painting my treads. Almost...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! They will be a great reference for when I get to painting my vehicles - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Col, it's when you ait with the codex trying to work out how to feild 9x russes and 9x valyries and still have a competetive force that you need to worry :)

    Kevin, I'm glad I could almost inspire you :P

    Frag_Dad, Thanks! I'll try to salvage what I can vrom the video. or maybe just reshoot it with a different vehicle. my approach to armour is fairly consistent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One Iggie army is not enough. When you've finished the sandy one, yhou'll think "I could do with a grey one for Urban battles." and "A camoflauge one would be interesting to paint".

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a guard player, you should know you can never have too many tanks! Great stuff, I especially like your unit numbers on the sides of the tanks, and the color schemes are excellent as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...