Google+

Sunday 19 June 2011

Two Year Anniversary Prize (almost) Finished!

When Commissar Dave and I exchanged emails about his victory in the prize drawing, he had some awesome ideas about how he’d like a marine painted.

Not being a marine player, he wanted it to be for display rather than play, and his first thoughts were just for something weathered and well worn, but no real paint scheme was in his mind.

Ultimately, his praetorian army led to thoughts of a desert camo scheme.

I suggested one of the original Badab schemes and then we were on a winner.

BadabOld2

A different chapter badge appealed, but that was the paint scheme.

I suggested using a different mini than the one originally offered as the prize for a couple of reasons, firstly the AOBR captain is all cloak and that wouldn't have worked as well with the camo, secondly I had an old 2nd ed bolter in a bitzbox just begging to be used on this model.

so, a dremmel a metal death company marine, a marauder head, an old bolter and a spare jump pack later…

 DSC_6647 DSC_6648 DSC_6649 DSC_6650 DSC_6651 DSC_6652

There’s no chapter badge yet, as I intend to print a decal (yeah I know, wussing out on the freehand) and I may still push a couple of highlights brighter, but for all intents and purposes he’s done.

I enjoyed working of this guy, and am quite happy with the results, in choices and style if not always in technical execution :)

I hope Dave finds him worth popping on a shelf. (or ebay, I dont mind :) )

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. That is pretty good mate. The wear and tear especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow man well impressed, just looks amazing and he will take pride of place in my display cabinet. I don't believe in selling other peoples work on ebay, or taking the credit forother peoples work. But I love what you have done. Thank's alot mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks freakin awesome. Love the JP jets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :)

    #GLad he's up to snuff ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...