Google+

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Wolf Guard 3, completed paint

These are taking me a while to paint. each one is more involved than my average guard squad, and taking me about as long to paint. though I do feel now that I have the method down, if not the technique.

For your perusal then, a standard-equipped WGT.

 DSC_6745 DSC_6746 DSC_6747 DSC_6748 DSC_6749 DSC_6750 DSC_6751

Can you believe I missed a purity seal? I didn't even register it was there until I took these shots, damn. (and yes I can the the tiny mould line on the back of his hand too dammit.) I should just stop taking photos, it always shows me my mistakes!

The scheme is the same as posted elsewhere, with a little more contrast on the power weapon and a little more time spent on the face. as I “get” each part of the paint such as the NMM gold, I’m pushing myself to work more on another area.

The gunmetal NMM is still probably the most problematic thing for me now, and I think that’s largely due to the wildly differing concentration and quality of pigment across the white/black ranges I have (GW and Vallejo) (if anyone knows a UK distributor for Reaper paints I’d quite like to give them a go!)

On the topic of refining technique, I’m giving serious consideration to adding more weathering to the process.. some muzzle burn on the bolters, and some rust streaking down the armour….. possibly, let me know what you think.

Oh and I’ll leave you with a group show so far..

DSC_6757

Any bets on when I’ll be finished? :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the battle damage and chipped paint - it's a great effect and the fact that you used it sparingly really makes the model look fantastic. It's so easy to overdo the weathering, but you hit just the right balance. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work mate, and no one would have noticed the mistake's until you mentioned it. Love the chipped paint add's character to armour that is rare and really old.

    Well done can't wait to see the squad finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Yeah I'm hoping to finish a squad in the next week or maybe two.

    I'm even giving thought to making a simple display base and throwing them at the Golden demon, don;t get me wrong I've no illusions of winning anything with this lot, but first cut would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...