Google+

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Skyclaw painted

Yeah, just one.

DSC_6948

The others are coming along, but I wanted to push one through, try a few things and see what the end result might be like.

And yeah, I did use the he-Man head. so, what am I taking away from Prince Adam of Eternia? there are some quite challenging things on this mini, not least of which putting NMM gold right next to actual yellow and having it work. (well, whether it does or not, you can tell me.. at this point my objectivity is gone) similarly having blonde hair in the mix also presents issues.. as does having black and grey next to NMM steel. sheesh!

then, if you’re going with the NMM look, can you weather? does it detract from the clean look? well I tried to find a balance.

I’m also still in my painting trying to push contrast and look for opportunities to draw the eyes. I know my paints still a long way form clean but I feel like I’m getting somewhere.

Anyway, enough warble.. have some pics.

 

DSC_6953  DSC_6949 DSC_6950 DSC_6951 DSC_6952

These guys are taking such a long time. I’m investing more, sure, but I’m also so busy with work and other stuff that I’m painting less to, that combo means the pile of plastic crack space wolves should be finished in about two and a half years :)

Well I don;t want to compromise the paint I'm doing, so I’m going to have to find ways to either paint more, or speed up :)

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I look forward to your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice work Karitas. Gorgeous mini. Don't tend to use NMM myself so couldn't even begin to make suggestions about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's looking good, I always have dug the Heman head! I wish I could help with the NMM, as I am not a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tones on the shoulder pads, really nicely blended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the power of Greyskull, that's looking good.

    Although I wouldn't dare to comment on the NMM: as I tried to explain to you last year, I just don't get colour.

    [Looks great though!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, really :)

    I know NMM is a contentious issue, and I'd always eschewed it before, but I wanted to challenge myself with this army, and I have to say that waht I've learned has improved my other painting, and continues to do so.

    Thanks smurf, I needed to take the pad edge dartker than usual to give it the seperation from the trim.. it's helping me to push contrast if nothing else.

    Thanks Drax, and nice holiday pics over on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...