Google+

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Tres Anos!

Yeah, three years of blogging. well, intermittently.

The first post was made to this blog Friday April 24th 2009.

Lets do some stats.

At time of writing (Saturday 21st April 2:30PM) Yeah I know, queued posts, but no way I'll get time on Tuesday :)

351 Followers have made  94,264 all time pageviews of 239 posts!

Wow. Now, I know that compared to sites like FTW and BoLS that’s nothing, but for lil’ ol’ me just rambling along that’s fantastic, and I thank you all for your attention, time and feedback.

image

Clearly you can see that both my readership, and my activity goes in fits and starts, and that this year has been a bit slow, but steady. I haven't had much time for the blog to be honest and am aware I’ve just been keeping it ticking along, which makes the readers I do still have all the more valuable, so Thanks for that. I would still be writing if only twenty people r4ead this, but over a hundred daily hits is amazing. it does however make me feel kinda guilty when I go a couple of weeks without a post :)

Anyway. What can I learn about what you want to read?

All-Time Top five posts?

Numero Uno is still that AoBR Grey Knight tutorial. wow. I don't even play them since the new cheese umm codex came out.

Second most popular is the Daemonhost tutorial.

Third we get The Cadian Snipers

Fourth is Logan

and fifth is that Grey Knight again.

I was expecting to see that it was mostly Tutorials, or maybe mostly content I know has been widely linked out in other sites, but it’s a mix of those factors, three of those posts aren’t “how to” articles at all. so what can I say?

It looks like conversions get as much attention as tutorials, and what seems to get people here is more my modelling than my painting. (I guess I can understand that :) ) If you’d like to add any thoughts on why you come here, what you;d like to see now I’m back in the drivers seat post mass effect, then drop ‘em under the article.

But whatever you come here for, Thanks for doing it, thanks for saying something in the comments box when you feel you’ve something to say, and for just reading and moving on if you feel you haven’t.

I didn’t think about how long I would be doing this when I started, but I’m glad it’s still something I keep up with most of the time, and hey, I play so little and get out into the gaming world so little, without the site no-one would ever see these dudesmen :)

So thanks, and here's to three more years!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts over the last three years, and I look forward to more hobby goodness in the future. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Karitas. I've always enjoyed coming to your Blog. It's really well organised, attractive and you always have something interesting to show. For me, I've loved your conversion work, and the grittiness in your painting style. If I had favourites, it's your Imperial Guard, but generally I'm just very pleased you're still around. Here's to the next 3 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 3 years in the blogosphere. Its an achievement and I know what it is like to have fits and starts in my blogging. In even more time than you I've only managed 100 posts so you are doing extremely well to have over 200 posts in a relatively short period of time.

    I love your blog and can't wait to see what you have for us all in the future. Keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou guys, really is nice to think back, and look back at this record of what i've been up to with my hobby the past three years, and to read all the fantastic comments on the posts.

    It's wicked being part of this online community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very happy to see you hitting this milestone, matey, and how grand it was to have actually met you too!

    He's a nice person too, folks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...