Google+

Saturday 30 November 2013

A Thunderfire Cannon and a Mistake..

I’ll tell you what the mistake is at the end of the post, for now, let me show you the Cannon..DSC_8164

Build to be the “heavy” choice in my Allies force org, SM codex, but still painted SW as My army here is a great hunt, using a few different wolf lords etc.. I figure one of those wolf lords can be an SM codex choice..

Here are some closer pics;

DSC_8128 DSC_8129 DSC_8130 DSC_8131 DSC_8132

Not an easy miniature to pain this, looks simple at first as there a lot of sculptural detail, but when you get into it it’s hard to balance the “noise” especially to make the face work. If I don another i’ll have to convert it to a barehead.

 

DSC_8133 DSC_8134 DSC_8135 DSC_8136

Another challenging model, feels like there should be lots of detail, but its all much of a muchness when you come to work out what colours to use, I tried to create some variety and interest without making it look like a clown car…

DSC_8163 

still, should make the heretics flee for their lives, blast templates FTW..

Oh yeah, the mistake… I was working on the metal’s on Z’s titan, and rolled over into this and the servo harness .. so I used metallics….

Everything else in my SW army so far is NMM.. I didn't even realise till I picked up a GH squad today to paint..

So how catastrophic is this? can I mix and match in a force? Should I carry on metallic?will anyone but me care? do I care enough to repaint?.

Maybe i’ll see how I feel when the Wolves are all painted..

There's 8000 points of them,. It’s going to take a while.

3 comments:

  1. Hummm. I think finish the army (how sweetly that rolls off the toungue....) and then see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments much appreciated chaps.

    Yeah, finish the army... I think this topic deserves a post all it's own tbh :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...