Google+

Sunday 6 September 2015

White Scars – Biker Test Paint

Fairly happy with this – The white could be smoother in places and that’s something I’ll work on as I build and paint the rest – I’ve got some new primer as a base which might help.

This chap will join the squad once they are all done, and the force will consist of two squads with attack bikes, a captain and a trio of stormtalons. they might come later tho..

for now..

DSC_9624 DSC_9625 DSC_9626 DSC_9627

Given the energy and uninterrupted time I reckon I could paint a squad of these in a day…

7 comments:

  1. A whole squad to that standard in a day?! That would be very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You flatter sir! *blushes* Seriously though, I timed myself loosely as I did the next four, took me about eight hours over four days. so yeah, a day's work :)

      theyll appear in the post schedule in a couple of weeks :)

      Delete
  2. Zab's right. This biker is seriously impressive. What I loved most was how you managed to get the stains on the white armour (bottom half) look so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks man, ITs just a layer of strong tone watered down and applied very strategically followed by a few layers of pigment and water, allowing it to dry each time

      Delete
  3. Amazing biker! I agree, the stains on the white are really well done. If I had any crtique, it would be that the white armor plate that the feet are stepping into could use a different color break other then white. (The white on white tends to blend them into one another at that point). But regardless, gorgeous model. (I'm nit picking only because its so good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you're saying, tbh tho I think metallic would have looked wierd. Maybe some chipping to accentuate the edges might have broken it up a bit tho..

      Delete
    2. Agree! Just a little something to break up the transition between the two spaces. It's a really well done piece, just thought could keep in mind for future ones!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...