Google+

Friday 13 August 2010

So much for restraint

I’d promised myself I’d offload my Ultramarines before I started this Lupine project, but I’ve failed.
These arrived today, and form the core of my 1000 point wolf force. well, let’s be honest, first 1000 points..
DSC_5871
The current plan is something like this -
HQ: Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Terminator Armour 
   1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Terminator Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Terminator Armour; Thunder Hammer; Storm Shield; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack; Independent Character)
Troops: Grey Hunters Pack 
   5 Grey Hunters Pack (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x5; Bolter x4; Close Combat Weapon x4; Meltagun; Power Weapon; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack; Razorback)
      1 Razorback (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 6 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack 
   5 Grey Hunters Pack (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x5; Bolter x4; Close Combat Weapon x4; Meltagun; Power Weapon; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack; Razorback)
      1 Razorback (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 6 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)
Elite: Wolf Guard Pack 
   1 Wolf Guard Pack 
      1 Wolf Guard in Power Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Weapon x1; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack)
      1 Wolf Guard in Power Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Weapon x1; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack)
      1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Terminator Armour; Power Fist; Assault Cannon; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack)
      1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Terminator Armour; Power Weapon; Storm Bolter; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack)
      1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Terminator Armour; Power Weapon; Power Fist; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack)
      1 Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour (Unit Type: Infantry; Terminator Armour; Power Weapon; Storm Bolter; Acute Senses; And They Shall Know No Fear; Counter-attack)
      1 Land Raider Crusader (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 16 models; Access Points: 3; Frag Assault Launchers; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Multi-Melta; 2x Hurricane Bolters; Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Assault Vehicle; Power of the Machine Spirit)
The two WG in PA go with the Grey Hunters, the rest pile in the Raider with the boss, three vehicles, lots of shooty and offensive power and no, not many units for a thousand points. and yeah I know I could make a lot more competetive list with no Termies or raider, lots of long fangs, some more Razor spam, but I’m not about competetive, I’m about fun, and this looks like fun to play and great fun to model.
the journey to 1500/2k probably involved another raider and some bikes – maybe dreads, but the point is to keep the model count low. I considered Loganwing, but hunters in razors seemed more viable.
I’ll post shots as I build and paint these fellows over the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I agree it does look like a fun list to play with! I look forward to the updates on the Wolves.

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAIL?! You've heard the call of the wild. Hark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, more project log posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys :)

    thanks for the comments, I'll try to post as a go along with these guys, not necessarily everything I do to each model, but certainly every step I go through, and I'll try to do mini-tutorials for things if I haven't covered them on the blog before.

    Jim, yeah it should be good. although the "rule of cool" has already caused a few changes. ("rule of cool being" - if a model looks better with a different weapon, it gets the cool weapon regardless of strategic advantage. it's just how I roll, what can I say :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...