Google+

Friday 15 August 2014

Large scale terrain piece – Imperial Outpost

DSC_8733

I made myself some new terrain for the Summer game I posted earlier, and thought I’d take a bit of time to showcase them. I still have to “dress” these with a little flock and some decals, maybe another layer of weathering but they are perfectly playable right now, look for more of these over the coming weeks.

DSC_8734

This basically combines a skyshield, a bastion, a few panels of imperial sector and a few bits of aegis on a hardboard sheet with sand and 2spackle” of filler :)

DSC_8735

Valkyrie for effect..

DSC_8736 DSC_8737

Quite pleased with it, and may use it to stage a few shots :)

10 comments:

  1. I like that a lot matey. Cracking good stuff. I have a mind to do a similar one embedding one side of the platform into a hill and having a single level of a bastion on to of the hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are of a like mind Muppet.. in fact that was my starting point, and my original sketches had it built out of a promentory.

      alas, while putting it together, I found that unless I used a really quite substantial chunk of rock outcrop (foam) it looked silly and artificial, and would have been unwieldy on the table, so I rethought and built a lower floor.

      If however you really did want a big peice, it's the way to go.

      Delete
    2. That's my worry is that it would end up looking a fantastic centrepiece bit of terrain but be very unwieldy game wise given the scale it would need to be.

      We'll keep pondering it and speak to Ackland about it. He seems to be our resident terrain genius.

      Delete
  2. A whole table of terrain at this quality must look like something out of the FW books. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You flatter me sir! :)

      Ive a few more pieces brewing as well, having decided to invest properly in this table.

      it must be noted that this technically inst finished.. as I intend to add some decals, posters and flora, and maybe even weather it down some more, but I couldn't help myself but post it

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Magnificent scenery piece! I really like the limited colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is smashing, mate!

    Plus, I now have a serious urge to start a band called

    2spackle" .

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...