Google+

Monday 22 September 2014

Mud. Glorious Mud!

DSC_8778

Having picked up some mig mud, looking for a way to acheive a good effect with less faff, I thought I would share my findings.

DSC_8779

The tyres and treads of the average ork trukk are ripe for mudding.

DSC_8780

Opening the container reveals a pigmented, gravelly paste. this one is “Europe dry mud” and Large [article size. we’ll get to that.

DSC_8781 

slapping it on with an old brush and working it into the crevices,

DSC_8782

followed by wiping it off the raised surfaces…

DSC_8783

and once dry…

It still needed something for me, and the large particles were distracting, though that said i did buy large. I also have a smaller tub here which I will try soon.

DSC_8784

I set to adding a layer of dust with a MIG powder

DSC_8785

And gave that a fix and wash with some thinners. you can see the results in my previous post on the Trukk.

overall it saved me mixing my own, and the results, while not outstanding largely due to the particle size, certainly are promising.

More once I find a suitable subject for the smaller particle mud.

3 comments:

  1. Woo! New weathering products! That is definitely some portable mud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I had no idea such a product existed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah great stuff! I usually use watered down polyfilla mixed with sand and a pinch of Mig powders - this should make life a lot easier

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...