Google+

Friday 26 September 2014

Tarantulas! For the imperial guard of course.

 

DSC_8799

On my journey to expanding the Elysians to 1850 and a fully feildable force on their own, I decided to ensure that I got a decent chunk of anti tank in there.

DSC_8800 

What I didn't want to do though was just slap down a bunch of vendettas as lets face it, its overpowered, and not only that its just another Valk chassis.

DSC_8802

Ignoring that, then meant that I was looking for ways to kill armour from they Elysians list. I decided on three main approaches, and here is the first, lovely models, go together and paint beautifully.

DSC_8803

and in the Elysian list have the advantage of Deep Strike, so being fielded as single units, and dropped where they will be a real pain in the enemy armour’s ass.

DSC_8804

10 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I especially like the heat discolouration on the barrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, - just citadel washes over metallics.

      Delete
  2. I see what you mean now about the Tarantulas - they look proper cool - nice job on the paint work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muppet, yeah really digging them. looking at what other weapon options i can load them with :)

      Delete
  3. Great job with these. Love the weathering work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, really feeling like I have a "method" now for this paint job :)

      Delete
    2. One of my favorite schemes. Not kidding. It's just a great desert style scheme. Keep it up!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Greg, much appreciated :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Drax. I shakll have to endeavour to shoot them at you at a future date :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...