Google+

Monday 23 February 2015

Blood angel Assault Terminators “Done”

DSC_9275

I posted these chaps in primer earlier in the week and I did just last night get them finished up, so I thought they could be the Monday post.

DSC_9254

DSC_9255 DSC_9256 DSC_9257

Hammernator 1, lovely dynamic arms and poses, they have clearly learned a lot from the space hulk guys..

DSC_9258

DSC_9259 DSC_9260 DSC_9261

Brother Bling here really, really likes the Wing motif.

 

 DSC_9262

DSC_9263 DSC_9264 DSC_9265

Hammernator 2, the least dynamic, but still full of character, which isn't easy for a guy in a helmet.

  DSC_9267

DSC_9268 DSC_9269 DSC_9270

It’s quite tough painting these guys without them looking terribly “busy” – I've found i have to use a lot of washes and glazes to homogenise the colours down so that it looks “right”

DSC_9271

DSC_9272 DSC_9273 DSC_9274 

And the sarge. Not sure if its the sculpt or my paint, but he looks like he wants to ask a question.

On the form of the last game maybe it’s “Why didn't you get me into CC??”

There we are then, really enjoying these BA even though they aren't my best paint jobs, Also making decent progress on them, hopefully I’ll finish the detachment in a couple of weeks and be able to move on to another project :)

At some point I have about five guard units to finish, I have a number of boxed games to paint, I have a brand new project ready to go, some Americans to paint, and the space wolves to align to the new codex and get some paint onto.

What the hell I’m going to do with my wolfwing I don't know (yeah yeah, “unbound”)

Anyway, peas out.

10 comments:

  1. Sgt: How me itch nose like this? HOW?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's totally no way he's getting that scratched.

      Delete
  2. Looks great. You're really churning through this lot.

    Hammernator 2 is my favourite one of the lot I reckon. There is the right amount of bling and other dodads hanging about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite fond og him too, - these guys have a lot of bling, it's one main difference i've noticed between these and other marines, even the wolves.

      Delete
  3. Perhaps the Emperor's Children and Luna Wolves could scratch his nose ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very helpful of the brother legionnaires i'm sure.

      Delete
  4. Jeepers, Mate - that really was swift!

    And beautiful, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahthankew.

      as I say the swift part isn't down to it not taking long, its just about having those hours to spare over a weekend :)

      I'm also working hard with this bunch to sneak in a hour here and there during the week to keep unit completions ticking over.

      Delete
  5. Great red and metallics, great subtle details and highlighting on the weapons. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, now I just need to get them into the fight :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...