Google+

Thursday 19 February 2015

Blood Angels Drop Pod

These can be tricksy to paint, and to photograph too, my bad for not waiting and trying to take pics before the mattcoat was applied.

DSC_9147

I’ve given it a decent but hopefully natural looking weathering. I’m going to try and roll this style of weathering out to all the vehicles for this force.

DSC_9148 DSC_9149 DSC_9150

I put a decent amount of wear and dirt on the upper surfaces of the leaves as it’s these that contact the ground when deploying, and I figure there no way these get repainted before each drop. To that end I’ve dirtied the inside down a bit too.

Now sadly I lost one of the decals during the weathering stage, I’ve left it off, cos we’ve all seen worn markings, but I fear its too obviously a missing decal. I shall likely have to go back and fix that.

Well we’re getting through half term, making models and posting results. looks like I’m going to be on track so, strap in :)

9 comments:

  1. I like the contrasty brooding red - and hazard stripes. Everything needs more hazard stripes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Zab,

      My dilemma tho is.. I have another of these to paint, for the death company.. would the Death company need, want, or even respond to hazard stripes?

      Delete
    2. Just do the whole interior in a dried blood color. That seems like it would be more their style - or paisley. Everyone like paisley :)

      Delete
  2. This looks well impressive mate. Did you airbrush the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, short answer - A lot of it.
      Long answer - The reds are airbrushed, as is the hazard striping and some of the weathering. The metallics are brushed on; and the interior and some of the soot is drybrushed, some is airbrushed. Most of the wear and tear is drybrushed too.

      Delete
    2. It looks super effective mate.

      Re the Death Company version. I'd still do hazard stripes as other company members could still trip over the hatches while on the embarkation deck. Safety first in the 41st millennium.

      Delete
  3. See your thinking about it all wrong its not that the death company might want/ care about hazard stripes it's if the emporer wants/ cares if ther are hazard stripes and we all know the emporer protects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely put. I shall remember that when faced with other "health and safety" situations :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, it certianly looks awesome!
    Say would you share the recipee for the interior metals?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...