Google+

Sunday 3 July 2011

Second Wolf Guard Terminator In Progress

While I’m happy with the colour combinations on the original guy, I am a little dissatisfied with the overall “pop” of the guy, So for this second one I decided on a few changes to the “recipe”.

I lifted the whole tone of the model to have a much brighter endpoint, I’ve pushed for more contrast overall, and after seeing the brush brothers WGT step-by step I decided to use their weathering technique rather than the one previously shown.

It’s a technique I;ve used often before, but never for a single mini, always on vehicles.

DSC_6668

Here he is with the flat paintjob, (really must be less lazy and get tripod out more often, damn shaky hands)

 DSC_6669 

and here after the masking fluid is removed to reveal the rust effect beneath

DSC_6670

finally, with the chips highlighted.

I think some of the blobs are a bit big, – a hangover from my usual use of this technique on vehicles, and something I’ll fix for next time, and obviously nothing else is painted yet, but I think already he has more pop than his predecessor.

Once both are painted, I’ll pop “finished” posts up, and maybe a side-by side too.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Nice man, I like it!

    The only chip that stands out to me as looking a little off is the one on the left kneecap. But that should look better once the shading goes in behind it.

    Great stuff, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that one went on a bit thick, :)

    hopefully i'll get to the gold this weekend and be able to take some pics of him finished.

    i do need to speed up though or itll take me another 6 months just to finish the troops.

    once i nail the scheme i'll start on batches :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...