Google+

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Grey Hunters of Egil Ironwolf’s Company Painted

Creating a Great Hunt army as I am gives me a little more licence than usual to vary paint and plumb into more fluff. I have to do this, I get awfully bored painting the same scheme over and over.

DSC_7373

It also allows me to experiment with new things, that might be army wide changes.. or can look just fine for a solo unit.

For these guys, I went with a slightly flatter, darker blue, and decided that the warriors of Egil Ironwolf’s company would eschew gold as a weak metal, instead going with bronze, as a metal created by men using the knowledge of machines and the mysteries of the Iron Wolf.

DSC_7380

I know, I’m weird, whatcha gonna do?

BUT.. if it turns out I like the bronze,, (and I kinda do, though it needs work) I might roll this out across al my Grey hunters, and use the gold only for characters and Wolf guard

I also tried a new snow, mixing in a few other things so it looks and stays, well, wetter.

Have a look.. (pictures came out a tad dark.. working on that)

DSC_7378 DSC_7374 DSC_7375 DSC_7376 DSC_7377

I know that to probably anyone else this force will just look like it “doesn't match” or has been painted badly or inconsistently. I’ll have to deal with that, because doing it this way is keeping me sane, and letting me enjoy trying to find ways to vary units within the fluff and keep the interest alive.

Lastly, I tired out another “new thing”.. the Vanus temple recently posted a how to for the 360 shots.. I had to give it a go.. click the link to be transported :)

greyhunter3601

Okay, that’s it for now, let me know what you think of the adjusted colours.. one squad, or roll em out.. likewise the snow.

Cheers all, thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. A Great Hunt army is an awesome idea! Looking forward to seeing more, maybe different units next to each other for comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, looking to finish a few more then take something of a group shot.. progres is however.. sloooooow

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get that beautiful bronze effect on the shiulder pads' borders ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...