Google+

Saturday 18 January 2014

Paint table Saturday

So I’ve see this thing starting to happen, and it looks like a solid idea to me, showing what on your desk and WiP on a Saturday.

Paint Table Saturday

 

First spotted by me at 28mm Victorian, then at Wargaming girl.. who informs me the originator is Sofie.

It’s a good idea and I can see it taking off :)

So, on my table today:

100_0143

A bunch of Space Wolf bikers at the basecoat stage. what happens next is some rudimentary highlights, then a number of targeted dark washes, this gets the contrast balance in the right place, then i go in for detail finish with a highlight and then weather.

It’s going to take me a while as they are quite large models compared with a squad of say, grey hunters.

100_0142 

The other side of my table and this rather dull assemblage of bases – soon this will be awash with cork bark, filler and gravel and I strive to make scenic bases for some recently built models.

I may film this process for a video later in the month.

that’s what I am up to today, obviously accompanied by the usual mix or browsing blogs, watching crap on YouTube and otherwise procrastinating, stalling and making everything take 5 times longer than it should :)

What are you up to? c’mon, join in.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating on my Paint Table Saturday project! It's nice to see what other people are painting! I posted your link in my blog post!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...