Google+

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Kasrkin Stormtrooper Desert Scheme

DSC_6230

I had to convert the pants of these guys, and I’ll freely admit they are a shoddy job, but they should work on the table.

Ironically, for what was meant to be a shoddy job of converting, and a fairly slap dash paint job, on a real throwaway unit, I actually like these guys a lot.

What does that say about me?

Aaany way here's the solo shots, with a bit of info about each conversion.

 DSC_6238

 DSC_6239 DSC_6240

Sarge. in the codex, really does have a Hellgun like the troopers, and not upgrading him to a power weapon or anything keeps the disposable melta delivery system a bit cheaper.

He was a standard trooper till his head came off. replaces with an empire militia head, and a cadian respirator, with GS work to bring it all together.

DSC_6241

 DSC_6242 DSC_6243

Just a vanilla trooper this one. I did intend to replicate a Kasrkin camo in desert colours, but the base tan just looked really good to me, so I left it unmolested. never underestimate the power of a complimentary colour scheme :)

DSC_6244

 DSC_6245 DSC_6246

Vanilla trooper two. I spent a bit more time on their faces than the rest of them, knowing those well sculpted masks would be a draw. glad I did, but the rest of them have such glaring faux pas, mould lines, bits of bad paint, ah well. maybe next time I’ll take some care, I do have five more of these somewhere.

 DSC_6248

DSC_6247 DSC_6249

Melta trooper one, formerly hellgun trooper 3, I chopped it off and swapped in a melta, yes it’s ugly, but it’ll do and it satisfies WYSIWYG

DSC_6250

 DSC_6251 DSC_6252

This is melta trooper two, formerly flamer trooper one. this one took a bit more doing, involving some press moulded melta bits and the front of a melta gun. it’s ugly too. but looks more like the Kasrkin melta trooper.

Well that's another unit done, you know I might actually reach a point where I can call this IG army “finished” and move on to my Orks or Wolves.

Now that’d be scary.

5 comments:

  1. Love them. My cousin is going to get rid of his Kasrkin from his DH army as they no longer feature them, so I might grab them. You just gave me an awesome idea to do my Sergeant (since he doesn't have one, and I don't want to buy just him from MO), consider it stolen! (Like some other ones...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job man they look really good. I haven't done my Kasrkin, and I'm not sure if they would go with my Army at the mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm tempted to convert up the other five and paint em, even though I'm not likely to ever field them, theres somehting about pewter minis, if the rumours are true, i'll be very sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you mind if I used your color scheme on my Kasrkin units? If not, what colors did you use exactly? I love all of the detail you've put into these and if I can get it half as good as you've done here, it'll be a must have for any IG army.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trist,
    Of course I don't mind you go for it :)

    IF I recall, the "cloth" darker areas are VMC(Vallejo Model Colour) German Camo black brown - in GW terms I think scortched brown is closest.

    The armour plates, the light colour is VMC Iraqui Sand, though any light tan would work. (and I'm sure there are Vallejo to GW charts out there)

    My IG flesh recepie can be seen here -http://excommunicatetratoris.blogspot.com/2010/07/painting-guardsman-faces-and-camouflage.html

    bags are snakebite leather.. then everything gets a heavy "make things look better jiuce" wash, otherwise known as devlan mud. then hit the detai;s , ultramarines blue to white beld in the visor, bit of yellow/green/red for buttons. i thin goblin, blood and iyaden were the paints used. weapons are black and metallics are boltgun.

    I think that's it. they were quite wucik, oh edge highlights i think were bleached bone, very thin.

    anything else please ask. and i'd love to see results :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...