Google+

Monday 9 March 2015

More Blood Angel Tacticals

DSC_9188

Better colour on the red this time, a little darker, as I dail in the mixes to avoid chalkiness. I’m using reaper MS paints for the first time on this army and I like them a lot, but I do need to get more used to them as in a lot of ways they are quite different.

DSC_9189

 DSC_9190 DSC_9191 DSC_9192

These chaps will join the three you've already seen, and with the remainder will take custody of the drop pod posted earlier.

DSC_9193

 DSC_9194 DSC_9195 DSC_9196

They look fine all together, despite the slight variation in the reds

DSC_9197

 DSC_9198 DSC_9199 DSC_9200

I know, marines should have their helmets on, but they do look cool without them, so sense be damned.

DSC_9201

 DSC_9202 DSC_9203 DSC_9204

Besides how would they possibly tear into the flesh of their victims with helmets on?

Again, 2Nd Co, 3Rd Squad markings, as will their compatriots have. These don't paint up quick tho, sheesh.

12 comments:

  1. Yeah they should. But they're spaze muhreens. Perhaps any helmet-less deaf company should look a bit goth or undeadish ? Like Richard O'Brien in Rocky Horror...

    Nice job, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, but they are from Baal, not Transylvania. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We can't stop here, this is bat country?

      Delete
    2. Blood Angel Tactical Squads, I believe...

      Delete
    3. Of course! *cough* yeah, I knew that.

      Totally knew that.

      Delete
  3. Great paint work - I really like the tones that you've managed to achieve. My favourite Chapter too!

    I could never quite get the reds right years ago when I tried painting up some Blood Angels :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's time for another go? I'm using the reaper Master series triad bloodstain red, clotted red, and canrage red. with some black mixed for the resesses, a tip of firey orange for the edge highlights and a homogenising wash of sift body black and black/red secret weapon washes.

      Delete
  4. Great stuff mate. Those reds and yellows are ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muppet, the yellow is a base of iyanden darksun with some reaper sun yellow mixed in to lighten and enrich the yellow

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...