Google+

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Blood Angel Stormraven Conversion Painted!

Converted with the help of a chapterhouse conversion kit and some changes of my own.

DSC_9497 

Be warned, this one will be picture heavy!

 

 

DSC_9498 DSC_9499 DSC_9500 DSC_9501 DSC_9502 DSC_9503 DSC_9504 DSC_9505 DSC_9506 DSC_9507 DSC_9508

This is the last model in the range of BA I’ve painted recently, but there are a couple you haven't seen yet as I entered them into the Massive Voodoo competition; I think I can post these now as they've appeared on their website so expect a couple more things, leading to a whole BA army picture while I paint some Americans and finish up some guard too.

I’m holding off on starting my small contingent of white scars until we see the new models and codex now that the rumoursrunours are accelerating.

9 comments:

  1. Do some more guard.....

    Nice job on the bird - not sure about the gold intake and metal back of engine, but there's just enough red wing between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear you on the intakes.. but its like a thing now.. all my flyers have bronze intakes.. for like, durability.. or something.

      Delete
  2. Oh God - this is beautiful!

    It really does look...substantial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drax, yeah the chapterhouse kit makes it look like it can actually carry the troops its supposed to..

      Delete
  3. The extension looks great - such an improvement over the stock mini.

    Like Z the all bronze intake and fan looks too samey as there's not that colour difference to help you separate out the blades - but its a small thing only.

    I hadn't actually noticed the assault cannon placement until those top shots came in. I dislike the whole gun on top look in the first place, though without the huge housing around it and the monster air box that you've took off, this placement isn't as detracting as the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh.. i see now.. I thought it was the choice in general that was at issue.. so, to explain. I did originally paint the fins in the turbine silver.. then I overweathered with my dust colour and it's brought the tome very close to the brass.. I'll see if I cant pull back some of the dust to reveal some silver.. or maybe just drybrush in some silver..

      on the assault cannon, yeah i don't like the top gun either, but i couldn't find a better place for the turret, so i just made it as low profile as possible..

      Delete
  4. Nice work! always good to see another one of these birds fixed up properly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...