Google+

Tuesday 19 May 2015

WWII US Airborne- quick test paint

So, I still have some wee decals to put on these chaps, but I figure once I’m happy with the paint I’ll just go back through and do them all at once..

DSC_9492

All told I have about a platoon’s worth of these chaps to give my Germans a run for their money on the Normandy-ish terrain I have.

And with the 6th of June not that far away…

DSC_9496

It’s very quick paint, so not going to win any prizes, but it’ll stand up well on the table and I should be able to get them all done in short order if I give them my attention.

DSC_9493 DSC_9494 

Honestly, with the next thing I had planned being white scars bikers, and their being rumours of a white scars bike box, I’m a) slightly peeved I already have a bunch of bikes and b) trying to hold off in case they look awesome. So I'll take some time to paint my Americans, finish off some guard that need some love and maybe think about a knight now that the new kit is out.

11 comments:

  1. They look great to me! I wish my "very quick paint" job turned out this good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - would be great to to read a brief step by step guide to how you got your 'very quick paint job' to look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With more than a few of these chaps still to paint, I can probably manage that :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou sir, looking forward to seeing your early war germans too

      Delete
  4. Very good job, they look suitably scruffy and laden with baggy trousers and equipment all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Leif, - trying to walk a line between factory fresh and band of brothers grey :)

      Delete
  5. "Like" I had more than one box of little grey airfix ones, that's how much I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Me too, along with germans and british Paras.

      Damn you attenborough, That movie has a lot to answer for.

      Delete
  6. Yes!

    Bolt Action!

    Yes!

    Lovely!

    I'm just about to post the first proper(-ish) pics of mine...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...