Google+

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Blood Angels Assault Squad Painted post 1

These chaps represent 2ndcompany’s 7th Squad – the first of their two assault squads.

DSC_9491

Finally finished, been a slow burn on these, but good fun. (Just the raven left to do – and a model to stand in for captain Aphael if I decide to make one)

The markings are mostly freehand, but I’m still not up to the chapter badge :)

The squad markings on the knees – it’s all about the paint. this squad with the yellow on black were painted after the other squad which is black on yellow, but the others were so much easier to paint. In hindsight i should have tried the negative image with these for an easier ride.

DSC_9469

DSC_9470 DSC_9471 DSC_9472

The Sarge – whether he will be run as a veteran Sergeant or not i decided to model and paint him as such, just to add a little more pop to the unit.

DSC_9473

DSC_9474 DSC_9475 DSC_9476

Battle brother abla tivewound. this IS primarily a melta delivery squad..

DSC_9477

DSC_9478 DSC_9479 DSC_9480

the obligatory helmetless spezz muhrine.

DSC_9481

DSC_9482 DSC_9483 DSC_9484

The other gun.

 DSC_9485

DSC_9486 DSC_9487 DSC_9488 

And the other expendable.

With the exception of the raven, which is up next and the captain I've yet to decide to build (too many HW to field as it is) I’m about “done” with the Blood Angels. I’ve an awful lot in the paint queue tho, so don't fret that It’ll dry up round here.

My biggest problem is what to actually tackle next. I’m pleased that I managed to paint this lot as I have rather than running out of steam half way through and switching projects.. It’s got me fire dup to work some more things through to completion,.

Although, that new knight kit….

4 comments:

  1. All looking good. Nice that they've all learned the same dance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, fear the giant post human morris men of death.

      Delete
  2. Gold, dust/weathering, and the engine glows are particularly well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou greg. Gold is one thing I seem to be able to do, in TMM or NMM - but the silver metals are always more problematic for me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...