Google+

Sunday 20 June 2010

Five more Orks, Please

DSC_5586
I knocked these out today. nothing astounding, but a few touches I quite like.

 DSC_5587
I call this fellow “Orkus Fenix” – the second I built that gun I knew I had to give him a do-rag.
I’m also not usually a fan of bloody weapons, but if ever there was a time…..
DSC_5588
I did a few tattos on these orks and I must say I’m very pleased with the result of throwing a little more complimentary blue into these Bad Moonz.
DSC_5589
DSC_5590
And I’m still loving the checks, dags and “flames” these guys like so much.

so there we are, nothing earth-shattering, but it completes the unit.
DSC_5591
Now I just need to paint their trukk. still, I might tackle a biker first, then move up :)

9 comments:

  1. These look fantastic, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that chainsaw under a shoota is awesome. Would you mind if I looted that idea for my boyz? :*)

    Also, very cool to see another Bad Moons blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one - filled with shooty orkyness - they look brilliant all together in a mob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :)

    Ergo, I dont mind at all, I'm glad there's something you like enough to loot :)

    I'd love to see your take on it too.

    Doggles, I think they look pretty nice a s a mob too, it's why I'm frightened a bit about tackling the trukk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing detail work! I'm no expert, but I like what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice stuff, I'll be using these as inspiration for my own Orks! Love the skinny check detailing and the flames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realized a nob can have a kombi-weapon only if he is in a nob squad. Which is rather annoying, because a kombi-skorcha in a shoota mob would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Esty, always a pleasure *doffs cap*

    Charlotte, lovely to see you and glad I could prvide some inspiration. there really isnt much original about these fellows though . I see on your blog you're a photographer, I used to work as such myself, but restrict myself to teahcing nowadays :)

    Ergo, I knew that from the moment I made the model, but I think Ork players should be able to, like marine players use combi weapons on squad leaders.. so I couldnt brung myself to remove it, its a lovely sculpt after all.

    And I might one day throw him into a nobz mob :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regarding the combi-weapon, screw it. Check it with your opponent before hand if it's a friendly game - any decent player should be cool with it. If you're going to a tourney, just make it very clear that it's a basic shoota and don't pay the points for it.

    Great looking mob - yellow is so dang hard to paint, I'm always really impressed with a good Bad Moons mob.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...