Google+

Saturday 19 June 2010

Veteran Squad, Chimera, Leman Russ Demolisher and more!

I had a day off work yesterday, and with a little finishing up today got a LOT done.
This picture represents a 500 point IG army
DSC_5551
Consisting of a single Veteran squad upgraded like crazy, a Leman Russ Demolisher and a Chimera dedicated transport.
Yes, I know its a stupid army. I know if I want to win I build for numbers blah blah. but you know what?
I win a good amount. And it’s not why I play.
I enjoy being outnumbered, I like it to be difficult. (its why I play DH after all) so I’m building two counter intuitive lists at the moment, Guard and Orks with low model counts in both. I want them to be modelled as well as I can, and to be difficult to play. and
I’m starting both at 500 points (550ish anyway) because I really like small games, combat patrols, kill team I love it.
And I fully expect to lose. a lot. But I’m confident that I will enjoy losing, and I figure those two vehicles and embarked men represent a nicely fluffy combat patrol type force.
plan is for another set, – squad, vets, tank, but all long ranged, where these are close up.
Anyway, I’ve bored you long enough, brace yourself for a heck of a lot of pictures.
The Russ
DSC_5549
DSC_5545 DSC_5547DSC_5548  DSC_5546
The Chimera
DSC_5541
DSC_5550  DSC_5542 DSC_5543 DSC_5544     
The Squad
Sergeant
 DSC_5552 DSC_5553 DSC_5554
Flamer
DSC_5555 DSC_5556 DSC_5557
Shotgun
DSC_5558 DSC_5559 DSC_5560
Demo Charge
DSC_5561 DSC_5562 DSC_5563
Vox
DSC_5564 DSC_5565 DSC_5566
Flamer and Meltabomb
DSC_5567 DSC_5568 DSC_5569
Shotgun and Meltabomb
DSC_5570 DSC_5571 DSC_5572
Heavy Flamer
 DSC_5574 DSC_5573DSC_5575
Shotgun and spare ammo
DSC_5576 DSC_5577 DSC_5578
Shotgun and spare ammo
DSC_5579 DSC_5580 DSC_5581
There they are , wow, it’s not until you step back and take close up pics that you see those annoying missed mould lines, the wonky paint job and the barrels you forgot to drill. heh still, they look okay for the table.
And for anyone who’s still reading, a little something more.
I had a brainwave last night and set about to build myself a Ministorium Priest. I’d be very interested to hear what anyone thinks of him.
DSC_5582
DSC_5583 DSC_5584 DSC_5585
He’s come out a little tall, but just about on the edge of acceptably describable in fluff as a “very tall man” :)
That’s all for now, I’m going to see If I cant get some paint on this fellow.
I really should split my posts up more If I want to hit 100 before the end of June. :)

8 comments:

  1. I really like how your force is coming together. Especially fond of the damage on you vehicles - very nice.

    As or your preacher - very cool use of bits which I will be nicking for a preacher of my own. Only a couple of finicky points:
    -He is very tall (was that a Gaunts Ghost referrence). This could be changed by taking his ankles off and only having the shoe portion of his foot - its reasonable to expect that his robes fall down that far.
    -The Eviscerator is cool, but some of the angles make it look like it isn't fully aligned where you have joined parts.
    -Mold lines - along the back of the sword, skull on the pommel and the shotgun fore grip.

    Like I said, finicky, but worth the effort to get right in the first instance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rogue, Glad you like the vehicles, I'm not exactly comfortable painting those yet, and never know how much is too much :)

    The tallness has been somewhat fixed, I re-based him after remembering that my Guard are based straight on the plastic, then talus'ed, being older builds, wheras the preacher was mounted to a talused base.. that got him down to a more acceptable hight. h's still tall (Love Dan Abnett :P) but it's more managable now.

    And yeah, I sometimes have a horrid blind spot when it comes to mold lines. I am always very careful to remove them before I build, then I get a building frenzy and switch parts. parts I havent been so careful with. I annoys me so much, so thanks for the poke to remove those.

    oh yeah and I'd already straightened the eviscerator's hilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really impressive job. i really like the squad they are painted fantastically and just have a lot of character. and I simply love the priest you made it is nice to see some more fanatics on the field. And of course I look forward to seeing him finished up in the near future =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks M, that's what I was aiming for, and I'm glad you like the preist, I'm painting him now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking force there :) I've also recently been working on some guard, these are a great inspiration for when I get around to modelling up some Veteran squads! The preacher is really rather cool, consider that idea "borrowed" - I especially like the use of the Cadian torso, reminds me of the reporters you see on the front line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chris, Appreciated :)

    Feel free to "borrow away"

    I was originally thinking about this look for my Psyker battle squad but after reading the Gaunt novel with the caged psykers, I decided they should look a bit less well cared for, and this idea clicked into place as a Preist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking models - I am totally in love with that eyepatch-wearing sergeant - he looks utterly badass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe Thanks Baelaire,

    I'm contemplating running him as Bastone, and was thinking about swapping out his weapon for a hotshot las, but in the end decided its a "special bolt pistol" with "hot loads" or something :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...