Google+

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Grey Hunter Reinforcements

Along with the Rhino rather than Razorback approach (though the hatches can still take the guns, if needed) I needed a few more troops to bulk out the Grey Hunter Squads to 10 each.

 DSC_6856

DSC_6857

DSC_6858

 DSC_6859

 DSC_6860

as the last lot were quite feral and armed with melee and bolter, I decided to build these guys with a little more restraint, as such they are more classic bolter pose marines. I tried to keep some dynamism though, and blended with the other fellows I think they'll be okay.

Once thing you will notice is that they dont have the moulded pads, I’ll be honest after some reflection and in the cold light of day I dont like them much. and I’ve got another strategy, but I’ll ask about that shortly :)

  DSC_6862 DSC_6863

for special weapons I’m mixing it up, some squads with melta, some with plasma.

DSC_6864DSC_6866

I also went with power weapons rather than the mark of the wulfen. I know wulfen is more efficient, and maybe I'll model some up down the line,but for now, it’s power weapons.

DSC_6867 DSC_6865 

I’m keeping the wolf banners though.

So essentially I’ll have enough marines for- 2 x squads with 2 melta, power weapon and wolf banner.

And 1x squad with just 2x plasma guns.. this squad is a nice cheap objective holding, shooty unit that with counter attack can still afford to sit there and wait :)

Hopefully, paint is incoming.

3 comments:

  1. Unite.. already a member mate, some nice work on there ;)

    Zzz.. ahh, optimism, its a fine quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice posed hunters there sir. For Wulfen, why not just give them 2 power weapons or knives to represent the rending and mass of attacks?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...