Google+

Thursday 5 January 2012

Skyclaw Squad Conversions

I know, I know, it’s probably cheaper and more efficient to put blood claws in a rhino..

But these guys are cooool.

The notion of a feral Astartes with a rocket strapped to his back. well I’ve always loved assault marines, and being an Ork player taught me the value of no of attacks over skill, – these guys are great skirmishers and line harassers.

So i had to model some.

Plus these blokes were essentially free.. some re-purposed ultramarine assault troops (let’s face it, I’m never playing smurfs again, nor am i ever going to get my ass in gear to ebay them) with some wolfie bitz and a few leftover FW weapons.. et voila…

DSC_6840 

DSC_6841 DSC_6842

Flamer guy. BS3 means no melta for them :)

DSC_6843

 DSC_6844 DSC_6845

Extra attacks however.. means it’s worth taking a Pfist…

DSC_6846

 DSC_6847 DSC_6848

yeah, he’s cannon fodder…

DSC_6849

  DSC_6851 DSC_6852

these guys might as well have red shirts on….

DSC_6853

 DSC_6854 DSC_6855

Oh yeah, look at that hair.. this guy is always the first to die :)

Hoping to get some paint on these fellows soon, after some clean up of course..

Why is it that whenever I take pictures I see about a million things i need to fix?

6 comments:

  1. Could well work....

    Flamer option is a must for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work that last guy's hair doo is lol.

    Blitz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That FW flamer looks hot! (get it?) I think they are looking good. I painted up some skyclaws on my blog. I'd love to hear your opinion of them.

    http://threecolorminimum.blogspot.com/2011/10/sky-claws-look-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the He-Man head has never made it onto a model of mine yet, and I'm doing my best to make sure it never does either. I'm sure there'll be some Blood Angels players who would snap them up though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys..

    yeah that hiar do is terrible..
    He's the only mini I've used it on, and only because he pretty much always dies first.

    you never know, once painted, even he might look cool :)

    I won;t hold my breath tho.

    oh and student teacher.. i'll pop over and have a lookee :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...