Google+

Saturday 8 February 2014

Paint Table Saturday no4 – and Forge world open day questions

Paint Table Saturday

Here we are again!

On the table this week… those pesky bikers are still there…and I have another box of these chaps awaiting assembly…

100_0154

Speaking of assembly, I’ve been beavering away building a full Blood claw squad, with all the trimmings, including Lukas, a wolf guard and a wolf priest… I like to have options available :) lots of models, and I’ve tried to make them dynamic, and use youthful heads.. even covering a few guys bald spots with GS…

100_0153 

Now, on to the forge world question..

I’m fully intending to go to the open day, tickets on the way and all.. and of course, I might as well enter a mini into the competition…..

Question is what. I already have stuff painted, but I don’t know that it’s good enough. not to win, don't get me wrong, no expectations on that front, but I'd like to put in a decent showing…

100_0155

That is a pile of the FW stuff I have to hand, that I could enter, some required more work than others..

I have Zzzzz’s titan all painted up, but I’m aware a model that scale isnt as impressive as a smaller one as you simply cant do as good a paint job without way more effort..

Also painted, I have the IG vehicle there.. but its a wee bit old, and I think i’m better than that now..

I also have various guardsmen but they weren't painted for competition.

Unpainted and ready to go, I have:

FW rune priest conversion

FW Logan conversion

Contemptor Bjorn stand in

Storm Eagle

Elysians

FW open day Enforcer.

So, what do I paint/take?

I’ve never done this before, so I'm not even sure on the rules, how big/what base.. I think it’s one entry per person, but again.. not sure…

Any advice, input or random words much appreciated :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating and showing your paint table today! I added your link to the list!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally vote for the Enforcer - you never see many of those painted, or at least you dont down under.

    I'm really enjoying you Space Wolf stuff mate - seeing what you and others are doing with the airbrush makes me want to push myself more with mine - though I am still too wedded to the old brush by hand approach at the moment. Your bikes are pushing me over though - they are looking good in this WIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Muppet.. yeah it might have to be.. I think it's either him or the comtemptor...

      As far as the airbrush goes, its a tool, it doent replace the brush, it just adds more.. sure on vehicles it can be really expedient. but on minis like the bikes, i use it to give me a graduated basecoat, i still paint all the details and the finla highlights and shadows by hand. it just speeds up the groundwork for me.

      I actually want to use it for more, and am going to be pushing to increase how long i use it for before I go to the brush as i've still a lot of guys here that need some paint :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...