Google+

Friday 7 August 2015

Projects update – Taking stock

Yeah, its the summer hols and for teachers it’s pretty much new year. At least I tend to think in academic years these days – that thing everyone else gets excited about in January just doesn't have the same weight for me.
I missed a post last week too, that was due to having taken a bit of a break form painting with the intensity I had been doing to keep the momentum up on the blood angels. So with all that in mind, it’s time to just recap the armies and projects I have on the go, and I’ll be up front here, i’m going to share everything I have that is in any stage of development..
So, the main 40k armies- 
DSC_9550[3] Blood Angels – about 2200 pts all painted. yeah, nothing sat in a box cos I ran out of steam, I saw them, planned them, bought them and painted them. they play well to. awesome. I must do it like this more often.



DSC_8859[5] Imperial Guard (yes that’s what they are called) – over 6k pts, most of it painted. I still have to – finish the heavy weapon teams, put final paint on the sentinels and tauros and the was a surprise addition of another flyer, but that’s for later. everything else is painted. I can finish these, and will look to do so over the next few months.






DSC_8271[3] Space Wolves – About 4500pts, and about half painted. I learned a lesson with this force, I picked up and built too many models too quickly and as a consequence haven't painted them all; I also picked a slow and challenging method for painting them which served to further retard that process. I’m going to refocus on these guys but not for a while..



DSC_8537[3] Orks – All but retired now, I’m debating whether to dispose of them in some way, there aren't a lot – a bunch of tabletop painted guys, a few squads of better paint and a bunch not even built yet. consider these “parked” for the foreseeable.







DSC_4336 Inquisition – I “recycled” a bunch of these models into parts for other projects, I didn't like the “new” grey knights at all. – it’s in my mind that at some point I will knock together an inquisitor and warband to use as an adjunct to a 40k army or in INQ28 games, I even have it mostly planned out, but its another parked project.









New Project – I had in mind to embark on some white scars in order to make a biker contingent that could add some punch to any of my marine forces, but it occurs to me that I would be far better served if I could create a more generic chapter with whom I could then use whichever codex or rules was most fit for the playstyle I wanted at that time.. more on this thought process in a later post..

Other projects/armies

DSC_7841[4] Germans – quite a few of these painted and ready to go, I do have a truck and a tank waiting to be painted to add to them..
Americans – in paint – there's a Sherman for these guys too (thanks Brad Pitt), but that might have to wait a bit.
Malifaux – I have some crews here, but haven't played since they moved away from pewter and the sculpts went totally cg; Honestly I don't like the more recent art direction, so this is probably parked. I can play a game or two now and then with


the rules I have and the  DSC_9532[3]models I have and that is probably where it will stay.
X Wing – No painting needed!… nope. none. no repaints either… shh.







DSC_8959[3]Boxed Games – oh man the list.. Star Wars Imperial assault, Sedition wars battle for alabaster, Super dungeon Explore, Mansions of madness.. all in varying states of “oh, I should paint that”…
Misc!  yeah there are a few models i have bought, been gifted or won even over the years that I always intended to do as display pieces and to work on that aspect of my painting – I’m going to left out a few of  these this coming year and have a go at more of that kind of painting too.



That's a lot. I could be very busy for a long time without picking up a single new model.. cos that’s how it goes, right everyone?

So I’m restricting myself to the single new project, which will in all likely hood be another imperial aligned army of around 2k points that I can use mix/match with my existing imperial armies at will and for which I will not need many new models, but a hefty focus on previously bought but not painted models and bitz. and alongside this new project finishing up and working through the crack mountain,. If I manage a good amount of progress on that, I may look at that inquisitor, or pick up an imperial knight.

On the work front it Is likely to be a challenging year as I start a new job with a new employer, so if the posts dwindle to monthly updates, don't be surprised.

That’s how I’m doing and where I am at.. how are you all doing?.. What from that list would you be most keen to see? what would you want to see tutorials on rather than just progress shots? let me know and I’ll plan it in!

8 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things to demand your attention, but where to start? Enjoy the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always with the new shiny obviously, hehe

      Delete
  2. Whilst another imperial aligned force makes absolute sense (and there are some crackin' choices out there....)

    Surely you need some baddies now that the Orks are 'parked' ? Dark Mechanicus perhaps ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the logic .. but.. they wont be able to rank up with my existing dues all pretty like.... plus current thinking on the new hotness if I abide by what fluff exists for them would make imp on imp battles perfectly acceptable... new post scheduled...

      Delete
  3. Do the boxed games in between other projects. they are fun to do and you don;t see them painted up a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad idea at all mate.
      If I am able to be disciplined thats exactly what i'll do.

      Unfortunately however i often find myself moved to paint stuff that doesnt make logical sense regarding any kind of completion plan :)

      Delete
  4. Crumbs! I honestly don't know how you do it, mate.

    As for what we'd like to see? - MORE BOLT ACTION!

    And X-WING...not that you're doing any repaints or anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny you should say bolt action, those yanks are nearly done.. i'll post em towards the end of the week once i flock the bases and finish them off. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...