Google+

Saturday 13 June 2009

Paint scheme test

Seeing as the last post had no pictures, I thought i'd better do something to redress that, thus, a paint test for the IST's.

I wanted a scheme that says "black ships" but keeps the gritty feel I'm aiming for with the army, so I went with black and red predominantly with some green accents. technically the scheme is one that's easy to do because i've a fair few of these guys to paint, but it's also a scheme I could spend a lot of time on if I wanted, this guy took about 2 hours, including drying time. If i paint 3-4 at a time that'll be about 2.5-3 hours for 4 guys. I can live with that.

Characters will obviously get more attention that this, but at the end of the day I am going to play with these guys, not display them.

Enough preamble, here he is.

Your thoughts and comments are always welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Solid Work Buddy! I like the scheme a lot it has a great feel for an INQ army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the face! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :)

    I've a feeling my faces will improve soon, this whole arm basically has its helmet off.

    compared to maries where 1 in 10 maybe has a fleshy face. takes me back to my DnD days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice & combination of colours; I think this palette works very well. You've managed to bring out the grittiness of your intended vision for these guys. The face looks ace! I can't believe that it took you just 2 hours to paint him up?! I take at least 2 weeks to finish painting one model...:(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...