Google+

Thursday 16 July 2009

Imperial Guard strike force

I built an Imperial Guard strike force today, two vetran squads, a command squad and some heavy support. Rather than flood the blog with 47 pictures! (front and back of each Guardsman plus tank shots) I thought I'd try something new, Picassa seems to want to let me make movies, so I did, let me know what you think, as well as what you think of my guys I'f you'd be so kind :)


First up is the command squad It'll be run as a 3 melta, 1 heavy flamer group with camo cloaks, the rest is just modelling fluff.



The Las squad is led by a counts-as Harker, and modelled with camo cloaks also, they have the demolitions doctrine for making boom. :)




The slightly more assault focussed shotgun squad have sotwed thier camo cloaks for the charge. to be honest I couldnt bear not to use the FW packs, or to cover them :) they also have the demolitions doctrine (As you can see from some of the spotty primer in some of these shots, my beloved Grey primer was running out so I has to switch to black partway through, this means you'll lose visibility of some detail sadly)




and now the big boom, an executioner, with a hull mounted Las, this is to give terminators a bad day.
And a demolisher, this is for my troops to hide behind, it's fully sponsoned and has a hull mounted flmer I kitbashed.


I'd say that was a productive day I'm really happy with some of the poses I was able to ahcieve and every mini has been is some way "messed with", as is my wont.


5 comments:

  1. Okay so the movies don't work, I'll get right on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick, I had to resort to youtube

    I'll stick to pictures in future I think even if it does ake the blog a mile long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get "A" for effort, all the same! Good looking guard, now is the fun part of painting them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your work - you have incorporated the various kits and Forge World gubbins well. I look forward to seeing the painted result.

    Pom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Productive indeed. Your high volume of output never fails to amaze me Karitas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...