Google+

Monday 13 July 2009

My Lord

Following on from the disclaimer in my last post, these are a little "off" colour wise, a tad cold. But here he is, I finally manned up and painted him.





Here he is with his posse. (retinue)

And thier ride


I always struggle with group shots as the lens I use wasn't made for this, it struggles with depth of feild with things that are so close to it, so foreground members of the groups end up blurry.

I'll do better I promise.

I've got 1 more chimera to paint, which I might try and do tomorrow, then this strike force is "done" I use those horrid "" things because I hae plans for lots to add to them, but the original plan was for exactly whats here. So If I manage the chimera, I'll try for a whole army shot.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great. I am glad you found the time to get to your lord. The whole squad looks awesome. Thanks for posting the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the completed lord! TBH, I think this is the first all custom retinue and lord I've seen in quite some time, so you should be proud of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The group shot kicks butt.

    Oh and my camera does the same thing If i figure out how to fix it i'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cool, coherent group. You have done well to keep the colours together, yet have each model individualised.

    I'm loving his man-cannon.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome-fearsome lord Karitas. He really looks imposing & stands out even among a group of already impressive models. The paint-job looks bronzy-goldsy with a bit of that bastardised NMM technique you showed in one of your older posts: can't quite tell if it's been ink-washed?

    Anyways, I don't know how you did it but if you look at the lord's face in your first group shot pic, his one-eye stare is just so real & intensely creepy.

    Awesome-fearsome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, I'm actually quite pleased with the results, he dosent quite stand out as much as I'd hoped, but the cohesion is worth that sacrifice

    H, the eye thing as all about leaving that bit of barely visible white around the eye, how much and where dictates "personality"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...