Google+

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Desert Scheme Valkyrie

 DSC_6118

DSC_6119  DSC_6121

Difficult model to photograph as it doesnt quite fit in any of my photo set ups. I’ve done my best, and I think, over compensated :)

 

Close ups -

DSC_6122

DSC_6123 DSC_6124 DSC_6125 

And wide shots -

 

 DSC_6127

DSC_6128 DSC_6129 DSC_6130

Quite pleased with the results. Though I’m always anxious about painting large vehicles, to the point that I put it off for ages.

I think for the next one I will try and paint a few sub-assemblies. for instance, the engines, and the cockpit should really be painted before attachment to the fuselage.

You know, I might have to try and Photoshop this into a plate at some point. :)

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. fantastic scheme, looks great! any chance of a run down of the paints used? i am starting a desert army soon and am looking for any painting tips i can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job, good colour scheme, I especially like the weathering and exhaust residue. Great photo work also. I often put off painting vehicles as well; such a different ball game compared to miniature work and I always fear messing them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the scheme a lot. Great paint job as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys, and thanks!

    Hrm, paint..
    I use VC Khaki as a base for pretty much everything in this army, and this vehicle was no exception.

    It gets a highlight of that same paint, lightened with a bone colour, though i'm not sure which one I used. I'll have a look and see if I took enough WiP pics for a walkthrough.

    The blue underpaint is VMC Intermediate blue, again lightened, and again not sure with what, mahybe snotewall grey.

    Once I'm home I'll check through pics and give more info, or pust a step-by step if I can.

    to be honest, the base coat is the least of the work on these, the effort goes into the weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work. I'm like you I put off painting large model's as well. My next project after the Chimera is my Thunderbolt fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, nice flyer. scary though.
    I dont think I could lash out on a model I couldnt really play.

    Although, that Vulture with the punisher cannons... hmmmm.

    I look forward to seeing your Tbolt, and if you want any kind of chat about airbrushing or painting vehicles, hit up my email.

    oh, and if you havent already, buy the forge world book, its awesome!

    oh and there are a couple of MiG Dvd's they are good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay so I didnt actually take nearly enough pics of the painting in progress, so when I do the vendetta I'll do better, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and effective-- I like it. nice weathering job around the wings and control surfaces,too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...