Google+

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Psyker Battle Squad conversions built

DSC_6220

It’s Abnett’s fault. He gave me this mental image of the Psyker battle squad, never better described than in the comments section of my test-fig post, where Bix said “unkempt and almost rabid, mad with fear and loathing of what he is. All that pent up, abused and unstable psychic power ready to be unleashed on the enemies of the Imperium.”

I set about making more. I decided that I didn't want them just to look like flagellants, nor did I want to use the cookie cutter clone army that is the current GW lead figs. I couldn't bring myself to just use guardsmen in a different colour, so this is my solution.

Each one is meant to be individual, and for them to decidedly not be soldiers.

 

DSC_6196

DSC_6197 DSC_6198

This guy has the most movement. It’s really amazing what you can do with these flagellant robes if you strike off the feet.

 DSC_6199

 DSC_6200 DSC_6201

This guy looks like he's about to fall over in these pics, but the model on the table looks a lot less goofy, trust me :)

 DSC_6202

 DSC_6203 DSC_6204

I think, before the black ships found him, this guy worked in a munitorum abattoir.

 DSC_6205

 DSC_6206 DSC_6207

An older man, he’s been with the guard a long time. and he’s learned the value of a coil of rope :)

 DSC_6208

 DSC_6209 DSC_6210

This angry bloke is the first of two using Micro arts studio heads I've had for ages and not used. technically they are a bit big for these models, but I'll live with it.

  DSC_6212

DSC_6211DSC_6213

The second Micro arts head. in every case where I’ve used a weaponless arm, I’ve made sure the fig has a holstered pistol/

 DSC_6214

 DSC_6215 DSC_6216

This ungainly guy represents about the third time in two armies I’ve used this flagellant head. shh, if I paint the hair a different colour no-one will know!

 DSC_6217

 DSC_6218 DSC_6219

and this last guy has a head from the empire archers box, cos I thought the metal gubbins was cool.

There they are, now I’ve one last thing, it’s a question.

I intend to use this model as thier overseer.

DSC_5597

I don't really want to mutilate him, for fear of doing more damage than I intend. but he’s holding a bolt pistol.

if you were playing me, would you let me off, or would it be better to try and neatly hack that off and pop a laspistol on there?

thanks for reading, and let me know your thoughts!

8 comments:

  1. they looks great! :)

    if anyone has a problem with that bolt pistol, you have my permission to shoot them with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A model that cool I would not complain about.

    It's not like you're proxing to pull off some cheesy win. Even if someone keeps forgetting that the bolt pistol only uses laspistol rules, no one is going to change their plan because of it. I say go with it.

    I love those psykers too. The first time I've seen the flagellant bits used in a way that's made me think - yes, that's just right. They look like 40K models, not fantasy ones.

    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a damn scary bunch and no mistake! I think Mr Abnett would be proud.

    Great range of movement to the squad I can almost see them frothing at the mouth and talking in tongues.

    The one exception is the guy with the 2nd Micro Arts head, there is a commanding stillness to him and I get the impression his eyes are closed or glazed over as if he's about unleash a blast of psychic power. His hair even looks like it’s being swept back by the building warp energy.

    And I second Atreides about the Bolt Pistol, one mass reactive round to the head ought to silence any dissenters. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has a pistol holster at the belt, if they go all WYSIWYG on you then the laspistols in there :P
    Oh and the squad looks awesome. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those guys as usual look great. As a man who is follically challenged and runs a follically challenged army (TAU) I think the lengths you go to to make your army extra hairy is admirable

    As for the overseer I think the question is.. Are you happy with it being a bolt pistol? knowing you I think you might not be and every time you put that mini on the table it will eat at your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, I'm quite pleased with this lot so far, let's hope they still look decent painted.

    as to the commissar question, you know what I think I'm okay with it.

    This might be a shock, but, if I decide down the line that I'm not I'll come up with an alternative, either a mordian painted like a commisar, the same fig purchased again and converted or another commisar. but for now, it'll do.

    though it might erode my soul a tad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, dont mind if I steal your idea for my own psyker squad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for it man, I'd love to see your results :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...