Google+

Sunday 6 March 2011

Ministorum Priest Conversions

 

DSC_6054

Guys finally got some paint.

The two newer ones don't quite match up with the original build for paint quality (you can see him in the pic above and in the IG slideshow to the right), but as I keep saying tabletop is where I’m at right now. I think the rust is coming off me, but I’m still having some pain issues, holding a brush for long periods isn't easy, so I’m rushing things.

I’m comfortable with where they are, and as I saw on another blog earlier today, Good from far, but far from good ;)

DSC_6046

DSC_6047 DSC_6048 DSC_6049

I like this pose the least but it was dictated by the only remaining forge world cadian shotgun. I am still spending some time trying to get the faces to pop, as I know it’s a focal point, but I can see so many errors on this guy, it’s best if we just move along.

 DSC_6050

DSC_6051 DSC_6052 DSC_6053 

This pose I like, he looks like such a hick, in fact, if you’ve ever read preacher you might be able to see TC here :)

I was originally going to use the build notion for a psyker battle squad, but having made these guys now am a tad at a loss as to how to approach them. I cant use normal cadians, I don't have the legs, the primaris I built cant be used as a template as they differ in appearance wildly and he looks like a commander…

I’ll work something out.

In other news, I did build some sentinels today, but as I build in sub-assemblies for paint, there’s not much to show yet. expect pic soonish(tm).

I also spent a bit of time backtracking and putting metatags on all the posts I didn't bother doing it for, and adding a tag cloud to the right. hopefully it will make the blog easier to use. if you do use it, let me know, if it sucks, let me know :P

5 comments:

  1. They look really good! The last one almost looks like he is squinting to look down the sights of the Lasgun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should model a fish on TC's base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I'm just glad to be making progress to be honest. You never know, if I can stop buying stuff I might get the army "finished',

    Although, I keep thinking of new things it might be fun to try, so I am not sure that day will ever come

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea for priests, they came out looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karitas! Quick question; from what kit did you borrow the legs? Or are their robes made of green stuff. Now that ministorum priests are useful again I'm attempting to kitbash one, but I'm having trouble finding good pieces from the stuff that I have. Any recommendations would be much appreciated :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...