Google+

Friday 11 March 2011

Sentinel Squadron

DSC_6084

He was lonely.

I do enjoy this kit. I don't think, with my flyers, I can fit any more in the force, but they fit well with the Idea of a fast mobile strike force, so expect to see these coming in from a table edge near you soon :)

I’m happy with them, I managed to tie the new ones in okay with the original, and while this photography sows some nasty bits of paint, I really cant see that as I look at them here, so tabletop and done :)

DSC_6078

DSC_6074 DSC_6075 DSC_6076 DSC_6077 

This one was meant to feel like a command unit, so it got the extra radio mast and a pilot who was “commanding” well, ish. he also got the same shoulder pad detail as the downed pilot objective marker I made, so this might be a theme :)

That’s him, there.

DSC_6079

 DSC_6080 DSC_6081 DSC_6082 DSC_6083 

And squad member three, I wanted the poses all to be quite dynamic, and when arranged as a trio to look different from each other.

As far as play goes, an alpha strike of 3xS8 and 4xS7 should take out most vehicles from the side or rear. and thereafter either 4xS7 and 1xS8 or drop the missile to template mode if I’m facing horde.

Oh and final note, the “Marcus Fenix” style “fingers in the ear or my radio won’t work” came from the command sprue, it’s the arm with the baton.. just without the baton.

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will unexpectantly enjoy them as a set of three as I discovered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't hear you, I have a finger in my ear." Really just ace. Brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,

    V.Reyes I'm sure I shall. I look forward to my outflankers lasting a little longer, and with the loew, low points value, I dont really have an excuse not to use them :)

    b.smoove, thanks man, and all becuase I was out of binoculars.. which was the original idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Karitas. I really miss seeing Sentinels on the battlefield. I know that the Vendetta is aces, but I do miss getting bogged down by Sentinels in close combat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, and to me that's a seriously underrated skill.

    I mean, the Guard have a LOT of anti-tank, and while the Vendetta is nice (and I'll run one) the Guards weakness is in CC.

    It's mainly why I've built mine with a slight CC bias in places, I like to have a solution to every problem. and three sentinels seems like a good way to deal with a CC monster unit, while still being able to threaten tanks, and give hordes a bit of a scare with a template.

    I dont like single purpose units :)

    It's why the vendetta I do run will most likely carry my psyker battle squad. anti tank, plus big template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you ever use sentinals when ever i use them they die first turn or before i can even use them

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find that once equipped with missile launchers or auto cannons they make a great outflanking distraction unit that can threaten lit armour and excels at tying up infantry in melee.

    And for the price, that's often worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...